The i-5 Freedom Network will be holding a community partnership event to promote awareness of Modern Day Slavery, also known as Human Trafficking, and raising money to support our new WAY2WORK
The i-5 Freedom Network will be holding a community partnership event to promote awareness of Modern Day
Slavery, also known as Human Trafficking, and raising money to support our new WAY2WORK program: Dale Carnegie personal and professional development seminars benefiting human trafficking survivors and their supporters.
The Volunteer details: Sunday, July 15, 2018 1:00 pm-4:30 pm. Walk starts at 2:00. Begin at the San Clemente Presbyterian Church (south parking lot area), walk to Del Mar, walk to pier bowl and return to Pizza Port via Del Mar and El Camino Real for reception. Along the route, participants will stop at participating businesses to draw a playing card stamped on player’s ticket. The participants will end at Pizza Port restaurant to determine the winning and losing hand (the high 5 and the low 5 cards) for awards. The objective is to create visibility for our organization, which is to raise awareness of human trafficking in our neighborhoods and provide the necessary tools and education to fight it. By including our local businesses in this event, we demonstrate our mission of partnering with community leaders and businesses to mobilize as a community against this epidemic.
What to expect the day of the event for our awesome volunteers:
- Volunteers should arrive between 12:30 and 1:00 pm at the south parking lot area of San Clemente Presbyterian Church (SCPC) on Avenida de la Estrella (Sandwich and water will be provided!!)
- Volunteers and walkers are encouraged to park at San Clemente Presbyterian Church north parking lot.
- If you are volunteering to check walkers in, there will be registration tables set up in the south parking lot of San Clemente Presbyterian Church, near the Chapel. Participants will sign in, receive a game card, t-shirt and a tote-bag and then will be started in 5-10 minute waves to begin the walk at 2:00.
- If you are volunteering to man a card stop along the route, we prefer to have at least 2 people per stop in case one of you needs to use the restroom. (You should be able to use the one at your station.) Chairs should also be provided for you. You will have a bag that contains 2 decks of cards, water bottles and a snack for you, and a sharpie for marking scorecards. These will be given to you at SCPC. Walkers will stop by to pick a card from your poker deck. They MUST be wearing their i-5 t-shirt to draw a card!! Color in the matching card on the walker’s scorecard with the colored sharpie for your stop.(You keep the poker card and return it to the deck.) Also, if the business you are posted at has items for walkers, please have them available to the walkers as well.Clean up your station, leaving no trace by 4:15. Return leftover supplies to the registration table area at SCPC. You can join us at Pizza Port for the reception!
- If you are volunteering at one of the water station, you may also be selling tickets for the Prize Drawing to participants wearing the required i-5 shirt.
- If you are volunteering as a validator, you will check in walkers at Pizza Port after they are done to determine winning/losing poker hands. Walkers may be coming in as early as 2:30, so you will need to be on hand between 2:30 through 4:15.
- If you are volunteering as a crossing guard, you will assist walkers in crossing to Camino Real. You may also be asked for guidance with understanding the directions on their maps.
- If you are volunteering as a Sweeper, you will be ensuring all signs are taken down from along the route at the conclusion of the walk and that we have left no trace behind throughout the walking course.
- If you are volunteering for the set up or take down, you will either be setting up at 1:00 or cleaning up after the event at 4:15.
- We ask that you be flexible and if hands are needed throughout the event and you are available, jump on in!! Thank you for your time and help with this exciting event!
- Contact Jan Galati, email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time before or during the event if you need assistance or have a question.
(Sunday) 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
i5 Freedom Networkinfo@i5freedomnetwork.org 555 North El Camino Real, A271, San Clemente, California . 92672